A long bus ride last weekend gave me a chance to gaze at the beautiful golden fields of rice and the people harvesting without machines. There is a popular Bengali song which describes the golden rice fields at harvest time. I think that the rice fields are more beautiful when they are brilliant green. However, when the fields are golden, the temperature is perfect and more condusive to song writing.
November 29, 2006
Amar shonar bangladesh
A long bus ride last weekend gave me a chance to gaze at the beautiful golden fields of rice and the people harvesting without machines. There is a popular Bengali song which describes the golden rice fields at harvest time. I think that the rice fields are more beautiful when they are brilliant green. However, when the fields are golden, the temperature is perfect and more condusive to song writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After they harvest do they burn the fields? They do that around here, and I'm sure it's not good for the environment or people's health, it looks and smells like nothing I've ever seen before.
I'm glad you've had some time that you've been able to travel. I hope things remain peaceful.
Post a Comment