I've been out of Mymensingh for ten days, and now that I'm altogether again I'm going to Dhaka again tonight. Went to Dhaka a week ago Thursday to work in Prokritee, stayed until Saturday to go to Ethel's concert, got stuck in Dhaka on Sunday and Monday for a blockade, had a meeting in Dhaka on Tuesday, went to Agailjhara (5hrs. south of Dhaka) on Wednesday and Thursday, and came back to Mymensingh on Saturday. I can't even remember all the Dhaka-things that I did, but I'll try.
Getting a really bad seat on the nice bus to Dhaka
Breakfast with bacon at the American club with Toby
Designing with Suraiya at Prokritee
Art galleries with Cicely and Robin
Eating at Dhaka's newest and second Mexican restaurant
More coffee with Alana, Bri, and Cicely
Korean food at the unofficial Korean Club and a walk in the park with the prior
Church including Christmas carols and a flannel board that I forgot existed
Birthday party for Shilpi with Joyce, Monir, Cicely, and Robin
Getting ridiculously lost trying to find a haircut lady who gave me the best haircut I've had in Bangladesh and straightened my hair for the first time since July
Cafe Mango with Cicely, Toby, Dan, and Bri
Christmas concert featuring Ethel and Alana
Dinner at Jerry and Ethel's with the Herr's from Akron and the Kenworth's from Sri Lanka
Partnership Meetings with MCC staff and the Herrs
American Club dinner with Toby and Cicely
Dhanmondi Lake Park with Joyce, Cicely, Toby, Isaac, and Russell
Star Kabob with the same
Bashundhara City with Toby, Isaac, Cicely, and a nice waiter
Meetings with the administrators of job creation
Walking to coffee world in the middle of a demonstration/traffic jam/almost riot
Hanging out at Toby's with Cicely
Going to the massive trade fair with Toby, Shilpi, Cicely, and Robin
Traveling at nauseating speed to Agailjhara with JC staff who became sick
Meeting in Agailjhara with Charity
Evening in the dark at Richard's with his wife stuffing us
Bita making me eat dinner at 10pm, even though I wasn't hungry
More Dhaka meetings and pink books
Watching a movie in Boshundhara city with Robin
Night at Shilpi's with her cousin, cooking, and henna
Dhaka Wangala with Bri
Church with Joyce
Potluck with Joyce and Toby and his youth
Helping Robin pack the car as she headed for Sirajganj
December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, sounds like a lot of fun! I especially enjoyed the one about getting lost to find the "haircut lady" who straigthened your hair. Somehow, that whole scenario doesn't really surprise me :)
It seems like you're staying really busy! I would love to see a picture of your haircut!
Post a Comment