These cute little girls were too excited to talk to me. I had to continually tell them to talk slower so that I could understand their rapid-fire Bangla. Then they wanted me to take dozens of pictures of them, and they rewarded me with paan. I did not really want the paan. Paan is a big leaf folded into bite size with betal nuts inside. People chew it alot here, and especially at weddings.
November 04, 2006
Wedding guests
These cute little girls were too excited to talk to me. I had to continually tell them to talk slower so that I could understand their rapid-fire Bangla. Then they wanted me to take dozens of pictures of them, and they rewarded me with paan. I did not really want the paan. Paan is a big leaf folded into bite size with betal nuts inside. People chew it alot here, and especially at weddings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like you've adjusted well and are having a lot of fun! I can't believe Mokles got married, well,...I can, but still. Ha! See you over Christmas!
Christina (Hade - incase you know other Christinas).
Wow, I just can't get over how exciting it must be for you to see other cultures first hand. It is just wonderful that you have this opportunity, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Post a Comment