
On my birthday I was in Rangpur with my two bosses. We had lots of work to do with the indigo extraction. Rangpur is the hot part of Bangladesh and we were out in the indigo fields - it was hot. We managed to visit two handicraft projects in Saidpur that I had been wanting to see for a year. It so happened that the week before I had designed some jute bags in Dhaka with Suriya that were sent to Saidpur. At the one project I saw the bags that I had designed being sewn, and at the other project I saw them putting my design onto a screen for printing. We had lunch at a fancy Chinese restaurant with Rofiq and Zangir who are temporarily staying in Rangpur for the two months of indigo extraction. Both of them are very brave as both there wives are currently pregnant. In the afternoon we went to a king's palace, one of the larger, nicer palaces that I've seen. We also had coffee at a cute shop, and then went to a resort that is under construction. The resort is in the middle of rice fields and it's huge. It's not finished or open, but there were other people driving around and the shops were open. After our full day in the heat, we all collapsed in the Hotel Arafat for another hot night.
4 comments:
There is a "hot" part of Bangladesh? I'm glad you don't work there all the time!
-Laura
I couldn't log in with my name for some reason, so I am anonymous. But, it is me, Laura.
Hotel Arafat sounds relaxing after your week of "reality in B-desh"!! Enjoy. cheryl
Reba! For a second I thought "oh no I forget her birthday!" but then I realized I didn't, because I sent you a card awhile ago. But who knows when you will actually get it. But I never said "happy birthday" on the actual day...so "Happy Birthday!" And that is awesome you are seeing your designs become real!!
Post a Comment