A birthday is only one day, but I have been celebrating mine the entire month. After I got back from my indigo extraction trip, I had birthday dinners with my neighbors on both the second and third floors. Then I hosted my own party with my attempt at cooking Indian/Bangla food. It was fine except for the lady's finger that was too spicy for Bangladeshis to eat. Then I made a fabulous chocolate cake for tea with my office. While I was in Dhaka last weekend, my friends and I had a party at an Indian restaurant. They brought another great cake, and I enjoyed feeding everyone cake as is the Bangladeshi tradition.
August 27, 2006
Birthday parties
A birthday is only one day, but I have been celebrating mine the entire month. After I got back from my indigo extraction trip, I had birthday dinners with my neighbors on both the second and third floors. Then I hosted my own party with my attempt at cooking Indian/Bangla food. It was fine except for the lady's finger that was too spicy for Bangladeshis to eat. Then I made a fabulous chocolate cake for tea with my office. While I was in Dhaka last weekend, my friends and I had a party at an Indian restaurant. They brought another great cake, and I enjoyed feeding everyone cake as is the Bangladeshi tradition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ha ha, that first picture of you makes me laugh! Glad you had lots of birthday parties and everyone seems to be so nice over there.
Yeah, I didn't realize how intense I was about the cake until I saw the pictures.
I love the pictures! I'm glad you were able to celebrate so much!
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment