I always thought that it was not polite to stare at other people, but now I find myself staring sometimes. I'm used to having lots of people stare at me, and I feel a little hurt if they don't notice me. At first it was difficult to deal with the constant stares, especially when I was trying to learn how to eat with my hands. Now I can do most things - like eat and walk - without being disturbed by the stares. On the way to Mymensingh from the glass factory we had a really bad, bumpy road. After four hours of bumping we needed to take a break. We decided to stop and have tea. Arun, my boss, suggested that I stay in the car as we were in the deep village. I wanted to get out for a bit, and so we all had some tea. The tea glasses are small, a couple inches tall, and they don't take long to drink. But, by the time I had finished my cup, I was completely surrounded by people-men, maybe as many as one hundred. I didn't let it bother me, I just enjoyed my tea.
June 21, 2006
The stares
I always thought that it was not polite to stare at other people, but now I find myself staring sometimes. I'm used to having lots of people stare at me, and I feel a little hurt if they don't notice me. At first it was difficult to deal with the constant stares, especially when I was trying to learn how to eat with my hands. Now I can do most things - like eat and walk - without being disturbed by the stares. On the way to Mymensingh from the glass factory we had a really bad, bumpy road. After four hours of bumping we needed to take a break. We decided to stop and have tea. Arun, my boss, suggested that I stay in the car as we were in the deep village. I wanted to get out for a bit, and so we all had some tea. The tea glasses are small, a couple inches tall, and they don't take long to drink. But, by the time I had finished my cup, I was completely surrounded by people-men, maybe as many as one hundred. I didn't let it bother me, I just enjoyed my tea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks like a scene from David Blane the Magician. He walks around the streets doing wierd tricks and everyone gathers around. All you have to do is be there with your white skin and you get a crowd...it's like you are Jesus...but not...
Priceless! Your picture and the script.
wait...none of these people were here before you started drinking your tea?? Craziness!
That is just bizarre!
Post a Comment