October 02, 2005

A visit to Swapan's home


Jerry is in the back. In the front is Swapan's wife, Ethel, Swapan's daughter, me, Patrick, and Swapan's son. When I was in Dhaka at the beginning of September for orientation, we all went to Swapan's house for dinner. They gave us tons of food and fruit and a custard-like dessert. Swapan's daughter is 8 and is in an English medium school. She learns all of her subjects in English, so she is quite good at speaking English. She also is an artist and she showed me several sketchbooks of her art. Swapan traveled with us during our orientation when we went to Sirajgonj and other places. He is a funny guy and we were all glad to get to know him and his family.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks for the pictures! You look so cute! And your hair looks shorter. I miss you!!

Just so everyone knows, if you click on the picture it enlarges it so you can see better (maybe eveyone knew that, but I just discovered it today!)

Abby said...

I love the pictures! You look so beautiful in the bright colors! I am so proud of everything you are doing. I hope you're having a wonderful experience!

abby said...

Great pictures!!

Rebekah said...

Oh, I didn't even know that about the pictures. Perhaps I wouldn't have posted them if I would have known!