October 18, 2005

Taize revisited

I talk alot about Taize, so I thought a picture of the building where we pray would be fitting. If you want to know what Taize is you can read about it at their website: http://www.taize.fr/en_rubrique8.html Taize in Bangladesh is a tiny branch off of the main center in France. Only three Taize brothers are here working with boys who are in college or university. The boys come from poor families - usually tribal Christian villages. They receive tuition for school and living and work in the schools and the centers for the handcapped that Taize started. My connection to Taize is that other MCCers in the past have befriended the Taize brothers. I needed somewhere to eat dinner, so Taize was a natural place. In the last year or so Taize became a partner of MCC. Now Patrick is here and he will work only with Taize. CCH (a center for the handicapped that is part of Taize) has a sector of people that make handicrafts, so soon I could be working with them.

4 comments:

Maria said...

thanks for the post! it cleared some things up for me :)

Chadd said...

Oooo, sounds quite interesting. I would imagine you could hear some great stories in such an environment. Hopefully you will get to do the handicraft thing with them too.

What American food are you craving?

Abby said...

Yes, Reba,
It's about time you explain what Taize is! :)

Laura said...

Your description of Taize is very informative! Thanks!