October 17, 2005

Better than TV

After two relaxing days in Dhaka, I arrived in Mymensingh just in time for my day off on Sunday. No class, no tutor, no appointments. All day I slept, read the book Interpreter of Maladies, and painted some fabric for a new outfit while listening to Hindi music.

Today I caused a crowd of people to have some pre-Iftar entertainment as I tried to find the tailor. My friend, Bubly, gave me general directions, so I had to stop and ask people. On top of that Jerry, Ethel, and Caroline were with me. Four white people alone could create a scene.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Reba - I love the picture of Hannah! And it is exciting that you have a new Canadian friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Beka, I am trying to put together a pp for Mom. She needs to share c the girls at clubs, so nothing like doing it at the last minute. Send more pics when you can.