August 02, 2005

I arrived safely in Bangladesh around 6:30 a.m. Monday morning – very glad to be off of the freezing plane. After I successfully got out of the airport and met Derek, the country director for Bangladesh, we drove to the apartment where I am staying and I rested in the morning. The apartment is usually the habitation of the country representatives, but since there are no country representatives right now I can stay there. After lunch I went shopping with Shilpi for appropriate Bengali attire. I got four outfits and a purse for about 2500 taka or $35. After dinner I went to bed immediately as I was exhausted. Today I am touring the MCC office and meeting a ton of people.

6 comments:

R. Eric Burdette said...

I'm glad to hear that you finally arrived safely.

Abby said...

Me too :)

Maria said...

me three :)

abby said...

Me five!!! I still can't beleive that you are really there!

Suzanna said...

Well, I guess that makes me six!! I'm so happy for you!!

Laura said...

Me seven! (I didn't check my blog for 2 days, and I guess that put me in 7th place).