July 31, 2005
I made it to Akron and to Philadelphia, and now I am in London. A man who was from the part of India where they speak Bengali drove me from Akron to the airport. He is in the U.S. for around a year with the International Exchange program, and he tried to teach me a Bengali greeting. Unfortunately I already forgot it. Another lady from Slovakia went too, and she had also been in India and Bangladesh. She was supposedly riding along so that she could go to IKEA to buy furniture for her daughter's dorm. I got to the Phily airport three hours early, and the security/checkin process did not take that long so I waited for a while. My flight to London was slightly delayed - about 20 minutes. The flight itself was nice and about 7 hours. I watched Guess Who, visited with my European world-travelor seatmates, and attempted to sleep. It's almost 11:00, so hopefully I'll sleep more on the second flight of ten hours. Of course, my next flight isn't until 3:00, so again I have a bit of a wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey, hows it going email mom and dad sometime because they are blogging illiterate.
Hey girl!!!! So glad that you arrived in London safely and that you were able to send a quick email to everyone to let them know that you are safe. I think I am still in shock about you leaving. I think of you lots and love you tons and am praying for you!!!
Reba, I miss you already!
Glad to know things are going well so far! Keep us posted.
I hope the rest of your trip went smoothly as well! Can't wait to hear from you again!
Post a Comment