July 06, 2005
The beginning of it all
I started my orientation in Akron today. I managed to pack all my stuff, though I will have some eliminating and organizing to do. The MCC village is a beautiful place full of colorful buildings. My room in the Middle Eastern/European building is awesome - better than most hotels, and I don't have a roommate. I'm meeting lots of interesting people. Some are the stereotypical Mennonite, but not all. We are all playing the Mennonite game like crazy and finding lots of connections. My former camp counselor is here as well as a girl from Waynesboro, as well as a couple who are going to Long Xuyen, as well as a friend of a friend. It's been a fun orientation so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice new blog. So when should we arrive on Friday?
Is this the blog we should look at from now on?
I hope to be home by 6:30, and then we can eat dinner with my family. Bring a sleeping bag or two and maybe a pillow. I will be mostly posting here from now on.
So, I need to know about this couple that is coming to Long Xuyen. I had no idea that they were coming actually. Thanks for keeping me informed MCC!!!
Post a Comment