July 14, 2005

Beginning and the end...for some

Some new people came today, and it was the last day for about a dozen MCCers as they have completed their first week. Today's sessions were about communication and personalities. I had lunch today with Ethel and Jerry, who will be the country representatives for Bangladesh. We discussed that since I am supposed to leave in a week we should probably try to find out where my visa is and if I can leave. The confusion is that the person who was working on it quit on June 30, and a new person has taken over. We tracked down the person, but we still have no answer except that my visa could come in the next week, but it is impossible to know if it will. Also of interest today was the commissioning of those who have completed orientation, and we had an international dinner at MCC's Ephrata restaurant. I also went to a session on the tsunami and relief work, which was rather exciting.

No comments: