July 18, 2005

Diversions

My weekend at home was somewhat notable. I did some errands with Sonja, and then had family pictures taken. After Brandt totaled his car, I spent the evening with Karla. Sunday morning was my commissioning. This involved being prayed for in the front of the church three times in each of the three worship center services. It was amazing to see all the people who will be supporting me.

Back in Akron I've been having an enjoyable time with all my new friends. In the evenings we play card games or ultimate frisbee or just sit around reading. I've been showing my scrapbook, and tonight I showed my Vietnam pictures to Jenna and Phil, who are anxious to learn all about the place in which they will soon be living.

4 comments:

Suzanna said...

All this sounds so exciting!! Were the mango drinks mango lassi's? I love those!! I get them all the time when I eat Indian.

Maria said...

How did Brandt total his car? And when are you leaving???

Rebekah said...

Brandt was driving around a curve in the rain too fast and hit a tree.

abby said...

I hope Brandt is OK!!!