January in Bangladesh is freezing this year. When I wake up it is around 60F in my house, and the water from my sink is ice cold. I'm fortunate as I can wear five layers of clothing and stay warm, but hundreds of people are dying from the cold each day. It may only tip into the 50s, but if you don't have shoes, warm clothes, or a warm place to go it can be fatal. For me winter means spending free time in bed under blankets, wearing lots of layers, and bathing less. (Try taking a bath in a 60 degree room with ice cold water.)
The political problems are continuing, today we in the middle of a three day country wide blockade (transportation strike). There are rumors of a ten day strike leading up to the election, and the main opposition has boycotted the election. January 23 is the current date of the election, and I hope that things will be resolved and life will go back to normal.
January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahhh, do you remember what country you are in...my experience would say the political problems are just beginning. Even after the election there will be protests for a while...enjoy the turmoil! It'll make you thankful for our gov't issues! Remember ... travel safely! cheryl
Post a Comment