
Robin has managed to make many friends in the five months that she's been in Bangladesh.

For about a month Cicely and I have been planning a surprise birthday party for Robin's significant birthday. The party was to be in Dhaka; Robin lives in Sirajganj. Robin had stated that she wanted to go to Dhaka either last weekend or the weekend before. She was inches away from going to Dhaka the wrong weekend, but with help from one of her friends we managed to convince her to wait until the weekend of the party. The first part of the party was a surprise lunch at an Indian restaurant with all the expats. Robin was surprised even though a few of us arrived at the restaurant after she did. Then we were to go to Ethel and Jerry's house for desert and more friends. We were all to be waiting for Robin as she walked up the stairs with the Geisers, but again a few of us were late and missed the "surprise." (This Bangladeshi concept of time may be affecting us.) It was a surprise, but more importantly, Robin was happy.
1 comment:
I love seeing people I know in the pictures! I see my Ma and Ritu! Alana, Darren, Anne, etc. I am glad the suprise worked out even though you weren't there! HAHA!
Post a Comment