April 16, 2006

Bangla New Year and Easter

I'm back in Bangladesh just in time for two holidays. April 14th was Bangla New Years and I spent the day with my neighbors. There were cultural programs all day, and a fair in the park. The park was crowded - there wasn't any room to walk - it was body to body. The ladies all wore red and white sharis, and prepared special food. I ate way to much food, but you don't understand - it's not like I asked for the food - they just kept putting it on my plate! Yesterday Philip, Rebecca, and Hannah came to Mymensingh and had lunch at my house. I even made some Bangla food for them. Easter is today, it's an observed holiday. In Bangladesh they really celebrate easter, all the churches have had services every day this week. I went to an Easter service last night at Taize. The service was only for foreignors and so it was in English and German and Dutch and French.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I'm glad you had a Happy Easter!

Renee said...

Happy Easter to you too! :0)

Laura said...

Happy Easter!

abby said...

Happy Easter!!