It was a busy week, so I tried to practice the new skill of delegation by asking Cicely to find a Christmas tree. (I've seen maybe two Christmas trees this year, both in Dhaka. Christmas isn't celebrated.) She thought she would head over to the ag university's nursery and ask around for a tree. She was accompanied by a nun, and at the office during my research & development planning meeting I get a call from Cicely. "I'm in some village, is 400 hundred taka too much to pay for a small, bad looking tree?" I said, "try for 300, and just buy it," as it was Monday and the guests were coming on Thursday.
December 16, 2006
Christmas tree
It was a busy week, so I tried to practice the new skill of delegation by asking Cicely to find a Christmas tree. (I've seen maybe two Christmas trees this year, both in Dhaka. Christmas isn't celebrated.) She thought she would head over to the ag university's nursery and ask around for a tree. She was accompanied by a nun, and at the office during my research & development planning meeting I get a call from Cicely. "I'm in some village, is 400 hundred taka too much to pay for a small, bad looking tree?" I said, "try for 300, and just buy it," as it was Monday and the guests were coming on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow what a tree!
Yes, I love the tree too! Very Charlie Brown Christmas!
Aww. So cute! I'm glad you have a tree - no matter how sad it looks.
Woah, I thought of Charlie Brown Christmas too! The important part is that you are able to hang on to the true meaning of Christmas. Isn't that how the Charlie Brown shows always end?
Post a Comment