The last three days I was in Agailjhara working at our partner, Charity Foundation. The MCC Bangladesh job creation program has been in Agailjhara for decades. I love going there as there are five handicraft projects and lots of people associated with job creation.When the job creation moved to Mymensingh last March, half of the staff came from Agailjhara. Their families still live in Agailjhara while they work in Mymensingh. When I was there, I visited the homes of my Mymensingh colleagues (though my colleagues are in Mymensingh).
The mail runner/purchasing assistant of our office just had a son, and I got to see his baby, wife, mother, father, and two daughters. I took lots of photos of all of them, and I hope to give it to them. Photos are something that I take for granted, and I have countless photos of my friends and family. It's different here though. Even in the middle class families, photos are rare treasures and it is a huge occasion to have your photo taken.
1 comment:
Woah! Is that the grandma holding the baby?
Post a Comment