May 25, 2006
For my dad
Like the rest of the world Bangladesh uses Celcius to measure temperature. Like most Americans, I don't have a clue how Celcius relates to Fahrenheit. Lately it's been hot. As I am currently too hot to do anything, I will share with you my research findings. Today in Dhaka the high was set at 91F, but it is currently 96F. The humidity is only 52%, but according to yahoo it "feels like 111F." I don't know how they judge the feeling part, but I feel hot. It's not just me, my Bangladeshi co-workers also feel hot. Our conversations consist of, "Are you feeling hot? I am feeling hot." I might add that my office and house do not have air-conditioning, and the power is off for several hours a day. When my brain cools down enough to function again, I'll write something more interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I heard St. Louis summers are hot and humid, but it sounds like yours are WAY worse! Good Luck!
Yes. That is hot, drink lots of fluids and stay in the shade. I found a calculator (people.uncw.edu/dixonrd/tempconv.htm) It will calculate the temps from C to F.
Otherwise here is the approx conversions:
25 = 77
26 = 79
27 = 81
28 = 82
29 = 84
30 = 86
31 = 88
32 = 90
33 = 91.4 if accuracy is needed
34 = 93
35 = 95
36 = 96.8
37 = 98.6
38 = 100
39 = 102
40 = 104
41 = 106
42 = 108
Keep this handy, it may help.
Yeah, I was just complaining to Derek about how hot and miserable I am and our thermometer says it's 70 F (but it's 9:30 at night). I imagine you feel much worse than I do...
yeah the summers are hot and humid here too, and it is just beginning...however when I think I am hot, I try to remind myself what it was like in Vietnam, which was a hot & humid like I had never experienced..I am sorry you are going through this again, but after awhile you just get used to feeling sweaty & gross all the time (I tried to remind myself of that when I started sweating after walking across the parking lot today)
I'm so sorry! I can tell I'm getting used to Seattle weather because already any day over 75 feels hot to me!! I can't imagine what it's like there!
Reba, did you know that you are a xenophile?
Post a Comment