It's Thursday evening! Did I mention that I love my neighbors? Monday night Kakon gave me cooking lessons on how to make potato chop, biryani, and chicken. The next day my cook didn't come - I had planned this because I had tons of food left over from my cooking lesson. I came home at 1:00 for lunch and my other neighbor brings me a huge tray of salad, vegetables, two fish dishes, eggs, and rice!
This week I made a quick visit to Piergacha to see Philip and Rebecca and baby Hannah. Wow, Hannah has grown up so much since November. She is chubby and making noises and learning to roll over. At work this week we had lots of handicrafts to complete so that they could be sent to Dhaka for the selection meeting next week. We also had an important visitor from Akron, Ed Martin, come to our office for two days. I had Ed, Jerry, Shinjita, and Patrick to my house for dinner. Not that I cooked anything - maybe after I learn how to serve rice and make tea.
Tomorrow I'm going to Dhaka for a dentist appointment and to work with Suriya, Prokritee's designer. Then I'll bring back Carolyn and some other Dhakanites to spend the night in Mymensingh. Saturday morning all the ex-pats are going to Darjeeling for a retreat. After that I'll be traveling around India for two more weeks. I should be back by the 12th.
March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Be sure to check your blog when you return! By the 12th, there should be a baby!
I love the pictures! Keep them coming!!
I'm interested in how the dentist appt. goes - never been to a dentist in a foreign country! I also love the pictures and reading about all your adventures!! Have a great time in India!!
Post a Comment