At the closing of our office we discovered the office was empty except for a coconut tree. Some boys climbed the tree and knocked down a few coconuts. I had never had coconut water or fresh coconut until I came to Bangladesh. The first time I had it was my first week in Bangladesh in hot Old Dhaka. I remember that I thought the taste was a little nauseating. Since the first time, I've begun to like the water and better than the water is the fresh coconut also inside. The reason why I look so strange in this photo is that usually I have a straw to drink the coconut water, but here I am trying to drink without a straw - not easy.
March 08, 2006
February 28
At the closing of our office we discovered the office was empty except for a coconut tree. Some boys climbed the tree and knocked down a few coconuts. I had never had coconut water or fresh coconut until I came to Bangladesh. The first time I had it was my first week in Bangladesh in hot Old Dhaka. I remember that I thought the taste was a little nauseating. Since the first time, I've begun to like the water and better than the water is the fresh coconut also inside. The reason why I look so strange in this photo is that usually I have a straw to drink the coconut water, but here I am trying to drink without a straw - not easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha ha
Bob always reassures me that more people die each year from falling coconuts than from plane crashes. If this is true, be careful! Also, are they really that heavy?
Reba,
I'm so jealous! I absolutely love coconut water and fresh coconut! One time in Jamaica, I saw a little tiny native man shimmy up the tree and bring one down, have you mastered that trick yet?? haha
Sorry you didn't get the email, I'm not sure why, have you changed your email address?
Post a Comment