December 22, 2005

Fewer rickshaw rides

These days I'm not riding rickshaws as much as I am using my motorcycle to go everywhere. It's nice to avoid waiting for public transportation, but I do miss the rickshaw rides. I'm getting quite comfortable on the motorcyle, and I haven't hit anything lately.

Yesterday Shinjita, Arun, and I went to Mymensingh to sign the papers for our future office. The office is currently under construction, but it should be complete by March 1st. The office has three floors: the ground floor will have space for a workshop and motorcycle parking, the second floor with have the offices, and the third floor will have a conference room and guest rooms. It is much nicer and larger than our current office. It might even be nicer than the Dhaka office, (but we will see?) Now I've begun to look at posible housing. I could live on the roof of the building that is right beside the office. It has a massive patio, and my entrance would be through the office, so I would have the guard's protection. I looked at two apartments today. One was on the ground floor, and I don't think I'll stay there as it isn't the safest option. The other apartment we looked at today was the nicest apartment I've seen in Bangladesh. The building is about 8 stories and most of its residents are foreignors. But I don't think I'll stay there because it is really expensive.

Yesterday Shinjita and Arun took me shopping and bought me a new outfit - as a sort of Christmas gift I think. Shinjita also told me that they will get me a new motorcycle. And we will have a new office, and I will have a new house. All of this is quite exciting.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow Rebekah! You are going to be a new woman!

Abby said...

They really seem to take good care of you over there, I'm glad!

Anonymous said...

I think we'll have to buy you a harley when you get home.

Maria said...

sounds exciting..however I'll warn you, while living where you work is very convenient, it sometimes feels like you never leave work, but that might be different in your case...just make sure you get out often!