November 01, 2005

Duck Thanksgiving

On Saturday Patrick and I went to Ram Chandropur after my last Bangla class for a special duck dinner. Jerry and Ethel had been given a duck, so we had a “Thanksgiving dinner” between the Canadian and American holidays. Rebecca, Philip, and Hannah joined us. Bert Lobe, the prior country representative, was in the country and also came. Ethel is amazing – she managed to make stuffing, gravy, pumpkin, baked apples, and cooked the duck to perfection. Carolyn joined Philip, Rebecca, and Hannah at their home in Pirgacha for the evening, and they left early to get back before dark. Patrick and I stayed until evening playing cards with Jerry and Ethel. Then Patrick and I went back to the Muktagacha guesthouse and watched a movie.

This is Jerry, Carolyn, Me, Ethel, Bert Lobe, Hannah, Rebecca, Philip, and Patrick at my new house.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm confused...do you get your own house? Or do you live with other people?

Anonymous said...

Hi Bekah,
Where did Ethel get pumpkin?