September 15, 2007

Indigo






On Monday I traveled to Rangpur where job creation is extracting indigo dye. On the way we saw the rescue of a fake hijacking of the Jamuna Bridge toll booth. The road was terribly bumpy for two hours from Sherpur to Bogra. Upon arrival we met the film maker, Mary Lance, who is making a documentary on Indigo. She has filmed indigo all over the world and has included MCC's indigo project in the footage. We also met with a local NGO around a red table to discuss forming an indigo partnership with them. They would take over the indigo extraction plant that we are currently running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beka,

Great pictures. I see some familiar faces. I hear the water is up again in Sargungia?? Seeing that knife / chopper reminded me of our ferry ride and that I want one of those knives. Can you find a way to send one back? I still remember the guy on the ferry using one to cut toenails and fruit - not necessarily in that order. Yum Yum.

Maria said...

you should still wear those beautiful clothes when you come home to the States!