March 04, 2007

Where I've been in the last month

On the first day of spring, February 13, all my female co-workers and I were wearing sharis for the peace training.

The kids having lunch at our annual job creation picnic.


The Salters and I in a boat.

February 6 - The Salters from India came to see Mymensingh and the Bramaputra, Cicely and the mission, and me and the job creation program
February 9 - MCC Mymensingh Annual Picnic and Mahin's birthday party
February 11-14 - The all-MCC Bangladesh peace training at the agriculture university in Mymensingh
February 14-16 - Robin's open house in Sirajganj
February 17-25 - My parent's visit to Bangladesh
February 17 - Visited Old Dhaka
February 19-20 - Showing my parents Mymensingh where I live and work as well as the surrounding areas of Piergacha, Jolchatro, Ram Chandropur, and Muktagacha
February 21-23 - Visit to Agailjhara with my parents, Phil, Rebecca, Hannah, Bea & Dale (their aunt and uncle), and designers Suraiya and Ken.
February 24-25 - Showing my parents the PARE program in Sirajganj
February 27-28 - Traveling with Suraiya and Ken to Saidpur to see handicraft projects.
March 1 - Seeing Robin's work on the chor as they finished their first week of AIDS training
March 2-3 - Taking Ken to Piergacha to see the Geisers and the Mandi village

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like a very busy month! Looking forward to your photos and stories of your parents impressions of "your life"! cheryl h

Laura said...

This sounds very exciting! I'm glad your parents got to visit you!

Reba, did you hear about the Bluffton baseball team bus crash on their way to Florida?

Maria said...

I am glad to hear from you again! I forgot your parents were coming, that is great that they had the chance to visit. I wish I could!

Yeah, you missed sad news over here. Now people know where Bluffton University is...this tragedy was all over the news

Abby said...

Reba, so glad to hear your parents got to visit. If I were rich and famous, I'd come visit too...