
At a lodge along the way we relax before breakfast with a seven-year old trekker.
Cicely and I in front of Anapurna on Poon Hill at 3210 meters.I've just returned from two and a half weeks in Nepal. The first week I attended the MCC South Asia Annual Retreat, and the second week I went on a six day trek through the Himalayas.
Our retreat was held in Pokhara, Nepal and attended by MCCers in Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, and Nepal as well as some other expats in Nepal. We attended sessions in the morning, sang together, and listened to a report about each country in the region. Our afternoons were spent wandering around Pokhara, trekking up to see stupas, and a few even tried hang-gliding.
At the close of our retreat we spent a day in Pokhara gathering our supplies for our six day trek. Though we didn't take a guide or any sherpas, we managed to find our way around the Jomson and Anapurna trail quite adeptly. We walked up and down steep stairs for 4-7 hours a day, and spent the evenings relaxing with other trekkers in lodges along the way. We met lots of interesting people from all over, and saw miles of clean nature.
6 comments:
Ha! Awesome pictures, and it the temperature looks deliciously cool too. Check your email.
I'm so happy to hear that in the middle of sublime nature you encountered someone from the Netherlands! Ah Motherland!
It would appear you had a refreshing time away from the daily grind. Good work.
Coming to America in July this year?
like the fleece, its better for you than cotton.
You trekked through the Himalayas? Wow. Your life seems so exciting compared to mine! I am glad you updated your blog. I noticed barely anyone has since February! And I've been bad too. I should have a new one soon.
I love the pictures...how beautiful!
hey beki, did you happen to run into an uncle of mine? amos & rowena- i think they also were there? maybe not. i could be mistaken.
Post a Comment