
Cicely wonders how to send her number? Isaac is
distracted, thinking about his upcoming bike trip to Kolkata.

Sitting in Dhaka's traffic, waiting for the cars to move, I bought some yellow roses from some kids. The red ones were being sold for 10 ten, but they wanted 100 taka for the yellow ones. I bargained and got them for 60. Then the other two boys selling the red roses wanted me to buy those as well. Then we gave money to several beggars, it doesn't look very good to spend 60 taka on roses, and then refuse to give out a few 2 taka bills. We didn't buy the popcorn or the cotton candy that was also being sold. The roses looked good when I bought them in the dark street, but I wonder if they were still nice by the end of the long evening when they got to Toby's house.
We hopped directly from the plane in Dhaka to Alana's birthday party in Baridhara (It is so hot!). The next night we had another party at the A&W in Gulshan for Toby's farewell. Some expats lead somewhat Western lives in the diplomatic enclave of Dhaka, but we were just slowly easing back into our lives in rural Bangladesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment