On the eve of Eid I left Dhaka on an overnight bus to Kolkata. The bus left at 10:30 p.m., and as we drove through the streets of Dhaka all the shopping centers and stores were still open as people were doing there last minute Eid shopping. I spent Sunday in Kolkata watching muted celebrations of Eid. Sunday evening I flew to Delhi and found a hotel. Even with reservations "finding" a hotel in Delhi is no easy task. Monday I made my bus reservations, and discovered I had a day in Delhi. I watched a Hindi movie in a nice theatre, ate Subway and excellent Indian food, and went to the Old Fort. Monday night I bussed up into the Himalayas to McLeod Ganj where my cousin Darren is living. Here I am having tea with Darren in a precarious tea shop that looks like it is going to collapse down the mountain.
October 17, 2007
McLeod Ganj
On the eve of Eid I left Dhaka on an overnight bus to Kolkata. The bus left at 10:30 p.m., and as we drove through the streets of Dhaka all the shopping centers and stores were still open as people were doing there last minute Eid shopping. I spent Sunday in Kolkata watching muted celebrations of Eid. Sunday evening I flew to Delhi and found a hotel. Even with reservations "finding" a hotel in Delhi is no easy task. Monday I made my bus reservations, and discovered I had a day in Delhi. I watched a Hindi movie in a nice theatre, ate Subway and excellent Indian food, and went to the Old Fort. Monday night I bussed up into the Himalayas to McLeod Ganj where my cousin Darren is living. Here I am having tea with Darren in a precarious tea shop that looks like it is going to collapse down the mountain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment