October 24, 2007

Do you want to be in a Bollywood movie?

I had read that westerners were sometimes asked to be extras in Bollywood movies, but I never imagined that it would happen to me. Sunday night in Mumbai I was walking back to my hotel from dinner, when I was spotted. I spent all day Monday (and I do mean all day) as an extra - and somehow they decided that I was the star extra. Every five minutes the director was calling me by name to do a closeup shot (he didn't even know the names of the hired actors). The movie is set to come out in May, maybe I'll go back to Mumbai to see it and the rest of the city as the only thing I saw during my one and a half days in Mumbai was the inside of the studio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

movies, sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

wow! i love Bollywood. tell us the name of the movie so we can see it too :-)

Laura said...

I always knew you were a super star!

Maria said...

oh my gosh that is so awesome!! I want to see it!!