I have finished my time in Bangladesh and this blog. Perhaps the greatest benefit of my experience in Bangladesh was the opportunity to see my life in America from a new perspective.

I have learned to be happy with less, a new sense of space,

and to use public transportation.

I have experienced generosity, hospitality,
new


faiths,
and celebrations.

I will value freedom of speech, justice, and stable government.

I won't take for granted water, electricity,

education, and healthcare.

I won't forget Bangladeshi women

and poverty.
2 comments:
What an amazing and valuable experience you have had! Your reflections of your time in Bangledesh are inspiring.
By the way, Bob and I still both think you should turn your blog into a book. I would buy it :)
If only more Americans could experience life in another country, espec 3rd world...I think we'd learn to be grateful for what is right in our country and be willing to work harder to make it a better country. I can assure you, you will not forget your experiences and when you see photos you'll be able to relate to them. I'm glad you were able to go. You'll never be the same person. Enjoy your next step in life! God bless you. cheryl
Post a Comment