The Milk Grotto where the Holy Family took refuge during the Slaughter of the Innocents before their escape to Egypt.
Outside the Church of the Nativity, where Christ was born, I heard both church bells and the call to prayer
Close to the place that Christ was born
The view of Bethlehem from the field where the shepherds looked into the sky and saw the angels singing. I did manage to see an actual shepherd and his flock of sheep on my way to the official shepherd's field site.Bethlehem is not little anymore. It took me nearly 2 hours of wandering around the Arab market to find the Church of the Nativity, the place where Christ was born. People kept talking to me in Arabic, but all I could say was shukron and a-salam-alay-cum.
4 comments:
wow, how amazing that you are in Bethlehem!!
Good pictures. The weather looks beautiful. We have snow in the forcast for Sat. You may get your wish afterall. Dad
I am so jealous. P.S. Can't wait to see you :)
Wow! How can you top that? The birthplace of Christ? That is amazing!
Post a Comment