Mamon and Mahin
My assistant helps Mamon learn to draw.One day when I came home from work I found Mahin (6) and Mamon (9) playing on the roof outside my door. Mahin is my landlord's son, and Mamon works for my neighbors. Mahin was riding his bike on the rooftop, and Mamon was standing around. They came inside my house and I gave them paper and markers and told them to draw. Mahin instantly began drawing the lollipops and cars that his teachers had taught him to draw in school. Mamon just sat there for awhile. When I asked him why he wasn't drawing, he said that he didn't know how. I handed him a marker and demonstrated how to use it. After some encouragement he produced some scribbles. He kept asking me if he was doing it correctly, and I told him his doodling was beautiful. Mamon does small cleaning jobs around my neighbors house, and they feed him breakfast and dinner. He lives nearby with his parents and brothers and sisters. When it was time for Mahin and Mamon to leave, Mamon carried Mahin's bike down the stairs for him.
2 comments:
I've been trying to teach Trevor to draw. It is interesting to think that it doesn't come more naturally. I never thought of basic drawing and doodling as a skill that had to be taught, but you've proved that it does have to be.
Wow, Reba, you have an assistant? That makes you sound very important!
P.S. When are you coming home?
Post a Comment