Me in the front leading the pack.
Having a cool fruity drink in the heat of the day.
Riding the skytrain, just another new experience.Leading Bangladeshis around Thailand is quite an interesting experience. I'm not unaccustomed to being the only "foreigner" but now there are three countries and three languages. Then sometimes we get stares and I'm not sure if it is me (I'm used to it being me) or if it is the shalvar camij that the ladies are wearing. It's interesting to hear the Bangladeshi talk about Thailand and how different it is or what they like or don't like. It's also odd to hear how much they talk about Bangladesh. Maybe I want them to experience and enjoy this as much as possible as it could be the only one or two time that they leave the country. Then I think how I must sound to Bangladeshis when I complain about Bangladesh or talk on and on about America. It's funny what new environments do to people.
3 comments:
Reba, I have decided that you are beautiful in every culture...I bet you'd even make a cute Eskimo :)
Oh and thanks for the card! I'll try not to move again anytime soon!
Agreed!!!
Post a Comment