
Dhaka was a challenge to navigate before Eid as everyone was going home for the holidays. People were crowding onto buses like a metro strike in Paris. I could barely find a CNG to take me to my guesthouse (the green thing in the photo is a CNG). The streets were lined with large humped cows being lead by men with big sticks. I saw some cows that were as big as elephants, but those were on a truck as the buyer was wise enough to not let them run free on the street. Carolyn and I had dinner with Suriya (a designer for Prokritee - part of MCC) at the only Mexican restaurant in Bangladesh. She gave me some more ideas and inspiration for my work. Suriya's son is a famous Bengali musician, and she gave us each a CD. Hopefully we'll get to meet him another time.
2 comments:
Yeah for cows! I actually have a student that is fascinated with cows. Anytime she writes a story, poem, or anything in class, she always writes about cows. The funny thing is that she lives in town!
That is weird! I would understand your cow obsession.
Post a Comment