Right now I am not too pleased with how my work is going. Our major method of marketing new product designs is to send boxes filled with samples from our different organizations to buyers throughout the world. One of these boxes needs to be in Dhaka by the 20th of September. I told all the responsible people - three different organizations & workers in my office, that they needed to have the all the samples done by the 10th of September-last Sunday. Today is Sunday a week later, and still not a single finished handicraft has landed on my desk. It is so frustrating as I know that they didn't start their work until a few days before the deadline. As we are working with partners, we don't really have control over how they work. I'm trying my best to be patient, but it is not easy.
Thursday was Cecily's birthday, so we had a party. Robin came from Dhaka, and all my neighbors came. Kakon made luchee and vegetable/chicken curries. Cecily made a chocolate cake, and Mo decorated our hands with henna. On Friday and Saturday, Robin, Cecily, and I were in Piergacha to visit Rebecca, Phillip, and Hannah. We had dinner with Father Homeric, took walks through the jungle at night, roasted fish on an open fire, swam in the muddy pond, took a long bike ride, climbed a ten story tower over-looking the Modipur Forest, and went to mass.
September 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
your weekends sound so interesting compared to mine..
And I am sorry to hear about your frustrating work situation..that is one thing I can relate to, stressful work! (although our situations are very different)
Yeah for mass! (Sorry, I just had to throw that in). I guess I am assuming you are talking about Catholic mass. Is there any other kind? If it is Catholic, is it very similiar in style to the US?
Yeah, it's Catholic mass, and in Bangladeshi masses non-Catholics are allowed to participate in all aspects!
Post a Comment